Saturday, February 9, 2013

Bull's favorite primers

Howdy,

So I think a lot of people underestimate the power of a good primer. When I first started using makeup primer wasn't something that I thought about, but now I won't wear makeup without a primer. If you wear foundation, face powder, blush, whatever; you have to wear a facial primer. Wearing primer helps with the products pigment and it makes the product last longer and look better. 

When you wear eyeshadow there is 95% of the time FALLOUT! Fallout is super annoying (you don't want to have sparkly under-eye-bags), wearing a primer can reduce fallout and make the eyeshadow look brighter for a longer amount of time. 

I've used several primers. I've used 4 MAC paint-pot primers, 3 tarte primers and a handful of drugstore and lower quality primers.

What I have noticed is that if you spurge on an expensive and high quality primer you can wear a cheap eyeshadow or foundation and it will look great.

My current favorite eye primer is the 'soft ochre' MAC paint pot (I liked Painterly). It's nice and creamy and dries nicely. It doesn't cake and keeps your eyeshadow creaseless. It's also not too expensive (I got it for $18.95, $20 with tax)



My facial primer is by Tarte, the 'Clean slate flawless 12-hr brightening primer'. It applies smoothly and works really nicely. I keeps my foundation, concealer, blush and powder from getting clumpy or extra dry looking. It's a little more expensive ($30, but the full size bottle have a lot of product in it. I bought a trio package from Sephora that was on sale. It came with there flawless face primer, poreless face primer and cleanslate 360 creaseless eye primer (**which was $9, a total bargain with two other good primers**).





 
So I hope this helped you guys and maybe now you'll understand the importance of a good primer!!!!! (haha)

SAYONARA GUYS!!!

Cut the bull,


BULL 





No comments:

Post a Comment