Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Trendy Tuesday with Sheep

Hey there!

Today's trend is a-line and skater skirts and dresses. I absolutely LOVE a-line cut things! They're just so flattering on any body type and it looks very cute and flirty.

I've created some outfits using the a-line cut, each using the cut in a different way.

The first outfit is a very casual and cute outfit. I chose a mint (which is also in style!) colored skater skirt and a casual gray shirt with green and blue accents to go with the skirt. I added a bunch of other bright colors like purple and orange to make the outfit a little more lively. The light pink nail polish makes the other pieces stand out more. The high bun with the French braid (one of the coolest hairstyles...seriously) and the brown leather sandals top off the everyday look.

The second outfit is a little more dressy but still very flirty and sweet. I chose a bright orange a-line dress. The super cute black wedges and bow ring make the dress look even brighter, since black is neutral. I picked gold bangles and a gold necklace because I think it goes well with the orange and adds a little shininess to the outfit. The bag is that great mint color (I just love mint!), and I chose it because the outfit needed some more color besides the orange or another neutral, so I thought I would pick a pastel bag!

The last outfit is a fancy, going out ensemble, and it's daring and I LOVE it! I chose a simple black skater skirt. I think a black skirt is essential to have in your closet because it goes AND looks great with everything, and there's so many different outfit options with it. The fact that the skirt is a-line brings some movement to the outfit and makes it look more girly and flowy. The shoes are quite a statement, and so are the earrings and the ring. I was so adventurous with the accessories because I paired the black skirt with a burgundy crop top, so I had room to add color.

The bottom line is A-LINE!! It's so simple yet so cute and spunky! AND you can wear it however you want! AND it's very comfortable!

So go out and get some skater skirts, and you'll find endless outfits to make with them. I actually went to H&M and got a gray one and a burgundy one (shown below). And they were pretty cheap too. Another plus!

Stay laughing, my sheep, in those wonderful a-line cut garments!

-Sheep







No comments:

Post a Comment