Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sheep's Tres Leches Cake

Hola!

Today, I'm gonna tell you one of the BEST cakes I've ever made.

Drumroll please....

TRES LECHES CAKE!!!!

Ok so Tres Leches cake literally means a cake with 3 kinds of milk: whole milk, evaporated milk, and sweetened condensed milk (I could actually eat this out of the can for the rest of my life).

The cake is basically a very absorbent sponge cake. You must also make a mixture of the 3 milks and then pour it over the cake after it comes out of the oven and cools. The milk mixture is then absorbed into the cake and it you are left with one delicious and extremely moist cake!!!

The recipe that I use is from the Pioneer Woman...you know her, right? The girl who lives on the ranch and makes all the butter and cream filled dishes that will probably give you a heart attack but they just look so good anyway?Yeah, that's her. She has a show on food network called the Pioneer Woman and she makes the richest and yummiest foods ever!!! I have made lots of her recipes but my favorite has got to be the Tres Leches cake.

I thought the whole idea of the cake was kinda weird, but once you pour the delicious, sweet mixture over the cake and take a bite, you'll realize what heaven is like.

And no, I'm not exaggerating.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/09/tres-leches-cake/

I have a link to the recipe. It is pretty easy to make, there's just a lot of steps. But Pioneer Woman listed out all the steps and included pictures of each step! IT'S GREAT!

So, have fun making Tres Leches cake!!! It's the best for parties...and maybe you could make it for the Super Bowl!!! I would definitely come to your house if you made that.

But for now, I shall say farewell. Toodle lee doo little sheep.

...and don't forget to laugh like a sheep when the 49ers lose BAHAHAHAHAHA

-Sheep

No comments:

Post a Comment