Monday, February 11, 2013

Sheep's Delicious Salsa

Hola amigos!

How goes it? Sorry about this late post. Sundays are just so lazy and slow, you know?

Anyways, back to the recipe for my mom's awesome salsa. We would make beans, Mexican rice, and this salsa sometimes. It tastes really good if you put some chips in a bowl, pile on the beans, sprinkle some cheese, rice, a couple spoons of salsa, and a dollop of sour cream on top! The cheese gets all melty and the beans are all steamy and the sour cream is all fresh and the salsa is nice and spicy and pair it all with some CHIPS and it's all just like heaven.

That's what we did on my birthday and Bull came over. She thought it was OUTSTANDING!! I mean, it truly was. And I asked my mom to make it for my birthday because it is my FAVORITE dish!

Whenever Bull comes over, we are gonna have a fiesta with this salsa.

So, now that I've made your mouth water, here's the recipe:

1 large can of crushed tomatoes (22.5 oz)
1 medium red onion, diced
1-2 jalapeƱos, minced (add more or less to taste)
2 medium cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 lime, juiced
1 tbsp sugar
cumin to taste
salt to taste
pepper to taste

There's really no exact recipe for this salsa, you can basically just add however much you want of each ingredient to it.

Over the years, my family had also added agave nectar to the salsa, which is kinda like a substitute to sugar. It tastes really nice and is a different but delicious kind of sweetness.

One time we were out of limes but we had, like, 20 lemons. So we tried it with lemons instead and it still tasted good!

We also LOVE spicy stuff, so we add a lottttt of jalapeƱos to the salsa too. And we add red pepper flakes. But if you aren't that kind of person, then fine! This salsa is so basic so you can add anything you like to it and it will still taste great!

So definitely try making this salsa! As you can see, there isn't much to it and it takes about 15 minutes to make.

And if you want to be REALLY awesome, then whip up some black beans and rice and you've got a great meal! Everyone will wanna go to your house because you're the kid with the cool salsa!!!

Also, next time I make the salsa, I'll post a picture of it so you can see just how yummy it looks!

Alright, I'd better go because writing this post is making me really hungry, and I really want some salsa right now, but we are out of crushed tomatoes. Maybe you guys could make some and then sent it to me? That'd be great :)

Peace out sheep scouts,
Sheep

No comments:

Post a Comment